Employment opportunities with districts are listed on this page to assist districts in finding qualified candidates for available positions. On occasion, opportunities with other government entities will also be posted as information about such employment opportunities becomes available. Please pass this information along to individuals who may be interested and qualified for the positions listed.
System Operator I
An example of the duties for this position is as follows:
- • Installs, maintains, and repairs water/sewer service connections and water/sewer lines.
- • Installs new utility lines using a variety of power and hand tools
- • Tears out and repair curb, gutter, and street in locating and uncovering broken lines;
- • Performs miscellaneous cement work.
- • Builds meter boxes and extensions to raise or lower existing boxes as needed.
- • Installs and maintains pressure regulating valves, meters, and strainers, and monitors water reservoirs to assure proper levels.
- • Installs, maintains, and repairs sewer connections and lines.
- • Maintains and installs manholes.
- • Operates rodding and power flushing equipment as needed to clear line obstructions and maintain system flow.
- • On-call emergency after-hour maintenance & repair responsibilities. Must be able to respond to calls within 20 minutes of emergency calls.
- • High school diploma or GED.
- • One year of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides similar knowledge, skills and abilities.
- • Must possess a valid Utah driver’s license and good driving record.
- • Must obtain a Grade I State of Utah Water Distribution within six (6) months and Grade I Sewer Collection Operator Certifications within twelve (12) months of hire date.
- • Must complete OSHA Competent Person Training and confined space training within three (3) months of date in position.
For persons desiring to apply for this position, please email your resume to:
Robert Lutz, Operations Manager
...or by US mail to:
Robert Lutz, Operations MAnager
5350 West 5400 South
Kearns, UT 84118
Closing Date is Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Under the direction of the Executive Director, serves as the Oquirrh Recreation and Parks District Controller and Assistant Director. Directs all financial, human resources, insurance, membership and information technology needs for the District. Supervises the Membership Coordinator and HR/Accounting Specialist. Provides support and reporting to the District Board of Trustees. Serves as acting Director upon the absence of the Director. Upon a vacancy of the Executive Director position, the Controller/Asst. Director may submit his or her name as a candidate for the position, but no such promotion is guaranteed.
Salary Range: $67,952 to $101,928 annual salary, DOE.
Persons desiring to apply for this position please email your resume to Chris Johnson at cjohnson@KOPFC.com, or
mail to: KOPFC, 5624 South Cougar Lane, Kearns, UT 84118
Closing Date is Sunday, June 2, 2019 at midnight
Performs all necessary maintenance throughout the District as directed by the Operations Supervisor. Must respond to call-outs as needed.
Starting Salary Range: $16.00 to $19.00 per hour, DOE. Full time with full benefits.
Persons desiring to apply for this position please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application may be obtained at www.pmwsid.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V