Welcome to UASD
2014 Legislative Session
The 2014 General Session of the Utah State Legislature concluded as of midnight, Thursday, March 13th. The session was filled with all of the challenges, emotions, opportunities and drama that normally are present on the Hill.
The blow-by-blow account of activity in each house on the last day of the session (or any previous day) may be viewed by clicking on the "2014 House and Senate Activity" link under "Latest News".
The Weekly (Final) Legislative Update will be posted on the website as soon as the official information is updated and available from Legislative Research and General Counsel
An overview of a few dozen of the most important bill affecting districts will be available in late April. The review will be posted on this website.
If you have not already registered as a user, you will be prompted to create a user name and password to view legislative resources. Please click here to create a user name and password. Be sure to enter the name of the district you represent. If your district is not a member of the Association, we invite you to Join Now and participate in all of the benefits of membership!
The Mission of the
Utah Association of Special Districts
Promote the proper and efficient operation of all Local Districts and Special Service Districts in the State of Utah.
Assist Districts in fulfilling their respective Missions in an effective manner.
Help government and public officials better understand why Local Districts and Special Service Districts are organized.
Promote Local District and Special Service District awareness.
Provide training to board members, management and staff.
Provide legislative input and advocacy.
Provide updates of current laws and regulations.
Code of Ethical Conduct
Members of the Association and Members of the Board of District Representatives and of Trustees pledge to uphold the Association’s Code of Ethical Conduct as follows:
• To maintain high standards of personal and professional integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all public activities to inspire public confidence and trust in Districts as units of local government.
• To accept responsibility for and to generate and carefully nurture respect for the truth, for fair dealing with others, for sensitivity to rights and responsibilities of citizens, and for the good of all Districts as units of local government.
• To be responsible for performance and to never compromise honesty and integrity for advancement, honors or personal gain.
• To be discreet and respectful of proper authority and our elected or appointed leaders and to be sensitive to the expectations and values of the public we serve.
• To avoid any interest or activity which is, or appears to be in conflict with the conduct of official duties.
• To ensure that, in every instance, operations are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations governing Districts.
• To use only legal and ethical means when seeking to influence legislation or regulations and to issue no false or misleading statements to legislators or to the public.
• To utilize every opportunity to improve public awareness and understanding of Districts and their role in providing essential public services.
• To refrain from the dissemination of any malicious information concerning individuals, other associations and organizations and their members, public entities or units of local government.